midsummer & midlife, part one


So here I am, sitting at this floating desk we finally built yesterday for me to have a space to work in, I'm having a Pepsi and wondering whether it'd be weird, after four years of absence from this space, to come suddenly come back and start blogging again.

Because oh gosh I have been missing this, having an unlimited space of characters that I can type somewhere and send out into the cyberspace, if only to have a record for myself of what went down and how I felt about all of it, everything in this world. Would it be weird? I'm not entirely sure.

But then again, at this point of my life, in midlife, I am not too sure of many things in my little world at all. One thing I am sure about is it was just Midsummer and here's how it went down in our neck of the woods, which is to say in the countryhome we were renovating four years ago when I last wrote here, and that we now live in. Yes, we're happy to be here.

Anyway, Midsummer:

So one night it was dark and stormy and rainy, which is exactly the kind of weather I prefer over hot and sunny any day, and such a great opportunity for some candles and incense that smells like pine. 

And maybe some more candles and a few GT's and some honest good old conversation.


On other days it was bright and sunny and that was fun too, though I like the moody darkness much more. I'm hoping to move up north, and live by the Arctic Sea, before my time comes. I suspect Oregon might work for me too.


And just to let you know some things never change: She still takes ages to eat. Ages as in this morning we were late from getting my brows done (when you reach midlife, you want to make mornings as easy as possible, hence brows done) because it took her the best part of her waking hour (over 30 minutes) to eat a slice of bread and some blueberries. Picture not completely unrelated, but also not her breakfast from this morning.

Anyway, I wrote this. It did feel slightly weird, at first, but soon I felt my fingers dancing on the hybrid laptop keyboard. How things have changed in four years (hybrid laptop, like whaaat?), while nothing's changed here -- yet. I suspect they will. 

Until my next post of the same theme, have a lovely start to a new week and say hi! if you happened upon this little diary entry and read it! 

Comments

  1. Lovely to read. And why would it be strange to continue after a little absence. If it feels right for you, then it is. I love reading dairy-like blogs. A blogpost tells more than just a few words under a instagram picture. Hope you keep on writing here. And have a nfine week too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you felt the draw back to your blog and just let yourself write. A few years ago I spent so much time and effort promoting my blog to get readers and as a result I started to change what I wrote from journalling to themes posts. Then I had a similar draw to you - back to what I'd spent almost a decade doing and just writing about my life so that I can read it in years to come. It has made me so much happier. So if you want to blog then definitely go with that feeling. And if you feel you can't be bothered then just let it rest for a bit. There are no rules. And I have lived reading your little update so will be back when / if you choose to share another :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *loved reading (when will I learn to preview my comments?!)

      Delete
  3. Sandra, I'm happy to hear you read it and liked it! I will definitely keep on writing here because writing is the thing I've been doing all my life, not pictures but writing, and it feels so good to just let my words pour on the page again without worrying about whether it'll be too long & therefore cut short any second. I hope you like what's coming, too!

    Angela, to be honest I loved it too -- feeling the draw back and then just doing it, I mean! I've been contemplating this blog come-back for ages, but wasn't really sure about the WHY of it. I've now come to realize there needs be no other why than just the fact that I enjoy writing ENORMOUSLY and just wrote the follow-up post to the one I wrote yesterday, because I just couldn't keep it in anymore. (Also, I know from experience how writing / creating for a presumed audience can totally wreck the pleasure of it, so I'm happy to hear you found your way back from it and are enjoying this blogging thing again, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment