kaapinsiivouksen elämäsi mullistava taika /// the life-changing magic of cleaning your closets






Tehtiin viikonloppuna lapsen kanssa koulutyönä vaatekaapin kevätsiivous. Siitä se sitten lähti, siivosin ja raivasin oman vaatekaapin, liinavaatekaapin, ruokakaapin, ja sen osan miehen vaatekaapista, jossa oli meidän joulukoristeet väliaikaisvarastossa. Ei voi mitään, järjesteleminen on mulle ihan tajuttoman rentouttava ajanviete.

Sitä vaan mietin, että kapselivaatekaappi ja valkoiset t-paidat on kyllä ihan hiton tylsä juttu. Lisää väriä ja kuoseja munkin vaatekaappiin, kiitos.

///

This weekend we spring-cleaned my daughter’s closet for a school assignment. And so it spread, and I also cleaned my closet, the linen closet, the pantry, and the part of my husband’s closet that still temporarily held our Christmas decorations. What can I say, I find organizing oddly relaxing.

Though it did make me realize that capsule wardrobes and white tees are a bloody boring thing. Some more color in my wardrobe too, please!

Comments

  1. Cleaning your closet, a school assigment? If I tell my youngest, she will be horrified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was a crafts assignment: declutter & clean your closet, learn to fold neatly, find out how to recyclr the things you no longer need, repair and repurpose clothes that are torn. This is why this distance learning thing takes us parents a lot of time here. No fourth grader can do this alone.

      Another crafts assignment was to google the measurements of a birdhouse, and build one of either cardboard or wood. So essentially, we spent Saturday cleaning and Sunday building. But it was fun; and now we have clean closets and a birdhouse in our garden!

      Delete
    2. My daughter gets crafts assigments too but they're not compulsary and I know my daughter skips them. She preferes to play outside.(costs less effort)

      Delete
    3. My daughter’s assignments have been compulsory, but I think if they hadn’t, we’d have done these two anyway, because I think they were fun and useful too! The kids here don’t actually get a lot of non-compulsory assignments, apart from extra math if they want to do it.

      Delete
  2. I love how the seasons are shifting again for you! I just bought Duns Sweden shirts for myself in their sale. I wanted prints and colour and think I'm prone to Corona shopping..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you keep finding such good stuff! I think I’m starting to get prone to corona shopping as well, although up until now it has been for Aino — summer dress and shorts, home gym equipment, stuff like that. Maybe it’s out of boredom that I’m thinking of all this stuff right now, or maybe it’s about having the time and space to think for myself now?

      Delete

Post a Comment